So many positive changes…

“When you do take the home pregnancy test, it doesn’t quite seem real. But when you see the baby and the heartbeat on the ultrasound, it’s so incredible.”-Danica McKellar

It has been 18 days since we found out that we were growing a little human and it has been amazing watching our lives change in such a small amount of time.  We finally moved into a house with a two-car garage.  We’ve been moving for about a week now, packing up boxes in the apartment, moving boxes and then unpacking boxes in the house.  It’s been a lot of work let me tell you.  I get easily exhausted and Bobby won’t let me do pretty much anything, bless his heart.  You know me though, my OCD is in full swing, as well as his, and so we make a perfect pair of perfectionists.  In fact, when we came to look at the house the realtor said, “Robert, this house is very clean.”  Bobby and I looked at each other both laughing inside and he said, “Yeah, we’ll clean it anyway.” Needless to say, we’ve taken about 5 out of the 7 days just scrubbing the place to our liking.  We’ve decided not to make the second bedroom into the nursery.  It just doesn’t make sense because I won’t have BS until middle of April and our lease will be up at the house in just a few months afterwards (yes, we are leasing again).  We plan to buy a house next year.  I will post pictures of the house soon, bare with me.  Our lives are scattered between two places right now and there is crap everywhere.  I’d be embarrassed to show you before I made this house a home.  Exciting news is that we bought a new couch.  No more leather sofa guys!  I’m beyond thrilled you have no idea.  This couch is amazing.  It’s a sectional and it is big!  Bobby and I love two things:  cooking and watching our shows/movies together.  And there is nothing better than cuddling up on the couch together (a big new couch, in fact) and enjoying every second.  We’re not much for going out these days.

More great news is that I passed my nursing boards (NCLEX).  I’m officially a registered nurse with the state of Texas.  Stacy Sock, BSN-RN.  I feel so proud of how far I’ve come.  Now…only to find a job, eek.

So back to the fun stuff…

When I first took the home test, I thought that going to an urgent care would give me the actual confirmation of pregnancy by doing some blood work.  But it turns out that home tests are so accurate now that they rarely do a pregnancy confirmation blood test anymore.  I felt like it would make it feel “official” if we had the doctor’s confirmation, but it looks like we just have to believe it until our first ultrasound appointment September 5.  Not that I’m not convinced…I am.  I just can’t wait to see our little miracle and watch it’s little heart beat like crazy.

I have been lucky in the sense that I don’t “feel” pregnant yet.  Mostly I’m just a little more sore in the breast area and more tired than usual, but no sickness yet.  I have started to feel bouts of nausea here and there.  But nothing that makes me run for the toilet bowl, thank goodness.  I have zero appetite and never feel like eating.  Which is totally unexpected since I’m always munching on something.  As a first time mom, I get nervous from time to time and think that since I don’t have morning sickness that I’m really not pregnant.  Of course I realize that this is just silly, and people tell me to stop worrying so much, but I’m naturally a worrier (and all my friends and family can vouch for that).  Other pregnancy symptoms I’ve been experiencing are crazy, vivid, outrageous dreams,  ahhhh my skin!  I have goose-bump like acne ALL over my face.  Did I mention it’s all over my face?  I’m pretty annoyed by that.  But what can you do?  BS is totally worth it.  I am also starting to have food aversions to sweets.  Strange, considering sugar was always my weakness before I was pregnant.  I guess that’s a good thing.  I’m still eating my normal diet though: fruits, tons of veggie’s (salads), fish and protein shakes.  I find myself feeling like my brain is in a fog at times.  I’m forgetful.  Good news is that I find myself relaxed most of the time too.  So much so that it feels as though I’ve popped a Xanax or something.  It’s so strange.  I’d rather it stay this way though…I hope I don’t turn into an emotional mess or an angry monster.  I’m not much of a crier anyway, but we’ll see.  The journey has only just begun and BS and I have got a long way to go.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s