Oh my! Our little girl is 2 months already! 2 months! Where is the time going? Our baby girl is 1 month shy of officially becoming and “infant”. I shall soak up this last month of you being my sweet little newborn before you start trying on my shoes and putting on my makeup.
My Dear Josie Rosie:
I love watching you grow, little girl. You are so beautiful. You are so perfect. Don’t ever let anyone tell you any different, ever.
Every morning I wake up and see how much you’ve grown. I swear within a matter of hours you grew out of your newborn clothes. And some of which you never even had the opportunity to wear. Hopefully our next baby will be your little sister and she can put use to those cute little dresses. If not, maybe the baby after that.
We found you a nickname. Thanks to daddy, we call you Patootie. As in “cutie patootie”. Between Patootie, Chunk, Josie Rosie, J Rose, Rosie and Pretty Girl…the random names just keep coming. But most of all, you’re our little Patootie. I love it, really. It just stuck with me. It’s so cute.
Milestones & Things That We Never Want to Forget:
- You’re in size 1 diapers and they are getting tight.
- We really do not like The Honest Company diapers because they do not have the blue stripe so we bought Costco brand and will try them this week.
- We love the Costco wipes and really do not like Pampers wipes at all. They are too wet and annoying to pull out of the package. Not to mention I can’t stand the smell.
- We do not like Seventh Generation Wipes. They are thick and smell funny and may have almost started a diaper rash for you but luckily we stopped using them before that happened.
- It’s been a struggle finding a laundry detergent that is compatible with your temperamental skin. We love and will stick with The Honest Company liquid detergent.
- You can now follow daddy and me with your eyes.
- You smile at me and daddy.
- You now look at me and daddy when we talk to you.
- You laugh a few times in your sleep (I am anxious to know if this will be your real laugh). It’s too cute. Just like every other sound you make.
- You are fussy at the breast after a bottle has been given several times in a row. On some days, this really upsets mommy.
- You are gaining a lot more head control (you sat up all by yourself for these photos-we were so proud!).
- You still hate Tummy Time.
- And freak out every time we put you underneath your play gym.
- You can sleep through the night. If we go to bed at 8:00pm, 9:00pm or 10:00pm you will sleep until about 4:00am, 5:00am or 6:00am but sometimes will sleep all the way until 8:00-9:00am. Thank you. It has been a blessing.
- I still get up between 2:00-4:00am to pump.
- I go back to work this week on 6/13. I cannot express to you how much I will miss you but how grateful, lucky and blessed we are that we do not have to pay for daycare because your daddy will be watching you.
- You officially slept in your own crib (which has been moved to our bedroom until you are 6 months old) and graduated from the slanted cheaply made Pack n Play.
- You definitely know who your Granny is and smile when we do FaceTime.
- You love your swing and if the music stops you make fussy sounds until we come and start the music again.
- You also love classical music from the music channel on cable TV.
- You love staring at the ceiling fan and smiling so incredibly big.
- You had your first trip to the beach (Galveston) and slept the entire time.
- You had your first set of shots and spiked a fever for a few days (we gave you Tylenol). Of course mommy freaked out and checked your temperature every 30 minutes for three days straight.
- I packed up all your newborn clothes and put them away (I cried). You’re growing so fast!
- That annoying eczema started at 6 weeks old and has been getting better. We treated it with aquaphor, 1% hydrocortisone cream, Aveno oatmeal baths and Mustela cream (which works amazing!). We really don’t care for Babyganics products.
- You are drinking anywhere from 2oz-5oz in a feeding at 8 weeks old.
- You definitely prefer the bottle. But mommy is determined to keep you at the breast as long as possible.
- We tried the Calma nipple by Medela and it was too long (made you gag). We will try it again in a few weeks.
- You are chunking up and growing fast and flying through your clothes.
- You are wearing 0-3 and 3-6 month size clothes at 8 weeks old (depending on the brand).
- I love the way you fit in Carter’s and Koala Baby from Babies R Us.
- Carter’s 3 month fit perfect because you have long legs and a long torso.
- You have big feet! That I love love love to kiss.
- You hate your outfit being changed and scream the entire time.
- You are enjoying more bath time but absolutely hate lotion rubbed all over you. You’ll scream until your face is beet red. Yet you tend to calm down when I rub your cheeks.
- You love being swaddled like a burrito in the SwaddleMe blankets. I wish we started using them sooner.
- You like to trick mommy and daddy into thinking you are done pooping and then when we change you, you surprise us by pooping or peeing on us. We do a lot of dressing changes.
- You officially squirted poop across the room and all over my feet for the very first time. It was quite funny. I’m not sure how someone so tiny can produce so much poop!
- You’ve discovered your hand, my sweet baby girl. And you suck on it until it blisters. We’ve been dodging the pacifier since you started this but we think we may eventually have to give in to your oh-so-curious-mouth. We can’t cover your little hands with mittens forever. You must explore your little world with those hands.
- You hair is growing, and growing and growing.
- Your eye lashes, I swear, grew over night. They are beautiful-just like daddy’s.
- More and more people are telling me you look like me. Which makes mommy very happy. Although, I can’t see it (yet). I see so much of daddy in you.
- I gave in and bought you some headbands. You absolutely do not like headbands. Every time I put them on you, they end up over your eyes and you fuss until I take it off.
- You have quite the personality I must say. You are demanding and a princess, that’s for sure. But I wouldn’t have it any other way. You have so much of my personality. I am still hoping you’ll be more like your daddy…sweet and patient.
- I just love the noises, facial expressions and grunts you make when you’re pooping. It is so funny!
- My love for you is exploding and growing more and more each day.
Mommy and Daddy love you Patootie. We are so proud of you. You are the best part of our day.
7 thoughts on “2 Months”
She is the most beautiful grand baby EVER. As the time passes she just keeps on getting more and more beautiful. She is going to grow up and fall in love with the beautiful tribute you are giving her. You and Bobby are the best parents ever, and have been truely blessed. I love you and her also, kiss her from grammie and tell her I’ll see her soon. promise. xoxoxo
I love these updates!!! Elliot will most likely be 2 months old when I go back to work…it seems so little. I’ll definitely be checking in with you for some advice! Loving all the pictures and reading all the milestones Josie goes through- good job Momma!
Thanks girl! 🙂 It’s def. going to be hard going back but at the same time I’m looking forward to it because I sorta miss working. And I think I’m only “okay” with it because my husband with be with her and not some stranger, ya know? 🙂
I am hoping for some miracle to happen in between now and September…we’re planning on using a nanny- that does it from her home..she is due with her own in July as well, so I plan to meet up with her a lot during maternity leave and hoping that will make it easier…we shall see 🙂
Aw, happy 2 months to Josie!! It’s so amazing how different they are in just 2 months. She is such a cutie pie! Jacob found his hands at 8wks also, and I think he is determined to get his whole fist in his mouth lol. I totally envy you for her sleeping through the night!! We are slowly getting there, he does 4-5 hour stretches right now. I hope your transition back to work goes well!!
Thanks Megan! 🙂
It is crazy to look at her newborn pictures and see how much she has grown and is changing into her own little person.
I may have spoke to soon about her sleeping. She has me up all night last night, haha. Possibly a growth spurt because she has been a little fussy and demanding of feeding. I’m hoping by Friday, when I go back to work, she is back on the schedule I was hoping she’d stay on. haha BTW, I LOVE looking at pictures of Jacob. He is adorable and looks exactly like you. Can you see it? People are telling me that Josie looks like me more and more each day but I don’t see it. Maybe it’s just a mom thing, I don’t know. But he’s adorable. I love his smile!
Thank you so much! I can actually see a lot of me in him, everyone says he looks like me lol. To me, it looks like Josie is the perfect mix of you and your husband, and she’s such a beautiful baby!